For Honor is an action fighting game set during a medieval period where players can choose three factions: Knights, Samurais, and Vikings.
My role in this project was to collaborate with the Community Manager in the creation of the game’s experience. Our work was presented in the first demo by the Creative Director and the Game Director to Ubisoft’s Editorial.
- User Research: Interview and Observation.
- Analysis of multiplayer games: game start, dodge, matchmaking, scavenge gear, items, sitemap, and game and social mechanics.
- Game and Social Mechanics.
- UX Problems and Solutions.
- Document new ideas.
- Create Wireframes and Flowcharts.
Week 1 to 8
- Brainstorming with the Game Design team: Creative Director, Game Director, Game Designer, and Community Manager.
- Competitive Analysis of multiplayer games.
- First sketches of user flow and wireframes of the game start, dodge, matchmaking, scavenge gear, items, sitemap, and multiplayer mode.
Week 9 to 12
- Define with the Community Manager Social Mechanics for the demo.
- Create wireframes and interactive storyboard of Social Mechanics.
- Present prototypes to the Creative Director and the Game Director.
Week 12 to 16
- Create signs and feedbacks for game zone attack, hit and block reactions, points, health, etc.
- Create wireframes for multiplayer mode, team points, and team interaction out-in game.
- Create an interactive storyboard to present the demo’s game flow.
- Present interactive storyboard to the Creative Director and the Game Director.
- Document interaction design under the supervision of the Game Director.